The National Association of Official Translators and Interpreters (ANTIO) of the Republic of Costa Rica, pursuant to the powers conferred by its Bylaws, specifically, the duty to establish communication with all those similar bodies and institutions to implement cooperation agreements, exchanges, and academic relations, and the Brazilian Association of Translators and Interpreters (Abrates), which is also authorized for this act by its foundation bylaws: CONVINCED of the importance of delving deeper into the professional translation and interpretation field, by means of the exchange of best practices; MOTIVATED by the wish to establish common bonds aimed at intensifying the cooperation between both Associations, with the goal of contributing, in this way, to the future strengthening and development of relations between them; CONSIDERING the excellent friendship relationship and existing support which is present between their countries, have come to the following understanding:
Both Associations manifest their intentions to establish technical, scientific and educational cooperation for the benefit of the legitimate interests established in their constitutive Agreements, by means of the following actions:
- Promoting the strengthening of relations between ANTIO and Abrates, through the exchange of information that contributes to the development of their members’ working conditions; with the goal of reaching greater agility and accuracy in rendering services in the established cooperation areas
- Facilitating the exchange of knowledge and members of both Boards of Directors, as previously agreed by both Associations, to establish the development of courses and lectures, on aspects related to the duties undertaken by these Associations.
This technical, scientific and educational cooperation will be carried out by means of digital information exchange, meetings using virtual communication channels and eventual reciprocal visits, in areas based on the experience of both Associations, in the following subjects:
- Best translation practices;
- Exchange of technical expertise and implementation mechanisms to facilitate translation;
- Academic training;
- Strengthening of the translator re-certification process
- Improvement in the management and development of international meetings and conferences;
- Any other one that is mutually agreed upon later on.